Marion County

Helpful county resources around Salem, Oregon

For property located in Marion County, most of the zones that will allow horses will be AR, RA, EFU, SA or FT.  Each of the county definitions can be read through the respective hyperlink.  It is best to contact the local municpal building department to investigate the property you are considering to purchase.  You might find out something you didn't even expect!  Visit my page on Owning Property in this site to learn more about living in the country and owning horse property around Salem, Oregon.

Don't forget to contact the assessor's office for tax information such as deferrals or special assessments.

Marion County also has great resources for horse property owners, such as the website for hazardous or noxious weeds and how to best remove them, the Marion County Fair held in Salem, at the Oregon State Fairgrounds, Building and Permits and just about anything else you want to know.

Map of Marion County showing each town

Any information or links to information within this website is for your information only and can not be guaranteed.  Please check with your attorney or verify all content yourself before relying on specific information.  If you have further questions about buying horse property around Salem, Oregon or just our local real estate market in general, shoot me an email.

Contact Us

By giving us your phone number and email address, you are giving Catherine Ulrey permission to contact you via email or phone.